Teachers at AAA International School are ‘facilitators’ as the School has adopted a ‘student-centric’ approach to learning. Teachers will facilitate learning by helping their pupils to access information, encourage creative ideas and help in solving problems.
A teacher at the school essentially leads and guides the learning process. Regarded as a facilitator, the teacher plans and implements a programme of instruction that adheres to the School’s philosophy, goals and objectives. To facilitate individualized learning and teaching, our teachers harness the strengths and proclivities of each student with regard to specific intelligences and help to overcome weaknesses, if they exist.
All teachers must demonstrate the following guidelines:
Leads and guides Learning Process
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of subject matter.
- Acts as a ‘facilitator’ to enable learning processes.
- Plans and implements a programme of instruction that adheres to the School’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Determines and harnesses strengths and proclivities of each student with regard to specific intelligences; helps overcome weakness.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize time on task. Lesson plans must integrate offline and online learning.
- Learns Individually, plans and implements a programme of study designed to meet individual needs of students.
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Provides progress and interim reports as required.
- Recognizes learning problems and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Uses effective oral and written expressions.
- Provides guidelines for substitutes.
- Stays up to date with subject matter expertise and learning methods, and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the School’s curriculum.
- Provides regular feedback on curriculum and its implementation.
- Expands and adopts the curriculum to suit the learning ability of the class.
The learning environment, curriculum, attention to grooming, hygiene and opportunities at AAA is developed to make your child competitive in academics, sports and extra-curricular activities while developing creative thinking and exploration. More»