AAA follows the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) which is a Board of Education for public and private schools, under the Union Government of India. The curriculum designed by CBSE helps students to develop creative thinking skills, effective communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
The Practices that AAA follows are:
- Learner centered
- Based on Indian culture
- Focus on developing values
- Equal emphasis on academics, sports and life skills
- Activity based teaching is adopted
- Textbook is only a guide-go beyond the textbook
- Relate concepts to real life
- Multiple Intelligence based lessons
- Out of classroom learning-field trips, community surveys, Achiever meets
- Student Mentoring
- Teacher Mentoring
- Con tenuous Professional development for teachers
- Home work in school for grades 1-3
- Independent learning skills inculcate among learners
- Various activities and competition like recitation, elocution, debate etc.
- Continuous Assessment through oral & written Assignments
- Financial Literacy
Specialty of Curriculum
- Completion of syllabus is not the focus but conceptual understanding is the focus
- Personality of the learner developed
- Rote learning, learning by rote avoided, Experiential learning in adopted
- Learning is through activities, learning not for facts and knowledge but for life.
- Attitudes and skills inculcated through activities
- Learning through cooperation and sharing
- Projects involving society included.
- Fieldtrips, guest speakers, theme & activity based teaching used
- Child is involved in the process of learning
- Creative teaching techniques used
- Individual attention provided to child
- Differentiated Instruction planned based on child’s abilities
- No tuition needed unless child has learning difficulties
- Counseling and Reinforcement strategies used
- Extra attention is given to the slow learners
- Regular interaction with the parent so as keep the parents inform regularly
AAA strongly believes that stress free environment is must for kids in order to develop creative learning, allow young minds to get complete freedom. We do not tolerate physical or verbal abuse, no yelling or shouting, or any form of body language that threatens the child’s mental state.
Mending of Behaviorof child
- No corporal punishment
- Parents will be notified and counseling will be done in Parent/Guardian presence
- School discipline is based on catch them right.
- Levels of disciplining-warning, written complaint and finally action taken
- Self-esteem of the child is not destroyed
- Peer group Counseling, Preventive action
- School Parliament-issues are raised and child is corrected
- Positive reinforcement in the form of badges, certificates would be used.
- Personal meetings to discuss disciplinary issues
- Student leaders would enforce discipline
- No mas punishment
- School has CCTV cameras, we view tapes and find out the problem immediately
- Classes will not be left unattended
- Even Lunch, Games, would be monitored
- Values are not taught but demonstrated and teachers demonstrate values by being role models
- The counselor of the school has a counseling session with the child to know the root course & then come out with the solution
The learning environment, curriculum, attention to grooming, hygiene and opportunities at AAA is developed to make your child competitive in academics, sports and extra-curricular activities while developing creative thinking and exploration. More»